I’m going to be a mommy by Monday!!

Lyss

So went to my usual OB appt yesterday and for the past three appointments I kept being told they didn’t think I should go very past 38 weeks because I’m measuring so much further along. The issue was with a maternal fetal doctor who still was recommending 39-40 weeks for induction and wouldn’t budge. Due to this my OB was basically left out to dry unless they changed their recommendation. Well yesterday, my OB was feeling my belly and said she can just tell the baby is a big boy! She doesn’t want a terrible delivery for me and wants him out sooner. All my scans look awesome and she believes he is entirely ready, so she orders me another growth scan. The maternal fetal doctor basically said that since I’m getting another growth scan and it will most likely show how big he is that they are willing now to let me be induced Sunday night! If he is over 4.2kg I can also elect for a Monday morning c section and not really have to labor. So please say a prayer and keep your fingers crossed for me that my scan Friday goes well! I never wanted to “rush” having the baby, but the conflicting opinions of two doctors offices has put me under a lot of stress, so it just feels nice to finally have them cooperating. That and I already have dropped and am now enduring some excruciating lower pains as well as lower belly swelling that they think is being caused from me being so small and the weight of the baby pushing down. I just want my healthy little boy! I’ll be 38+2 on Sunday if I elect to induce or 38+3 if I elect for the c section due to his size measurements. What were some of the outcomes for your babies born around this time?! Thank you everyone! I’m going to be a FTM and feel so ready but so cautious with everything!