Do schools not care about car seat safety?

Mel • Fla 🌴 • 24 🦩 • Girl gang 💕 • Malayla Grace 03/27/14 🦄 • Liahni Jade 04/17/20 🦋 • Engaged to my bestfriend of 7 years 01/13/13 🖤💍 • IG: princess.melinez 💋

I mean I know as a child gets older, people seem to care less about car seat safety for whatever reason. But I’m kind of shocked that when I pick up my 5 year old daughter, who is in kindergarten, from school, they often times will open my front passenger seat for her. 😳 I have to constantly say “oh no the back seat please” & when they open it up they realize she’s still in a 5 point harness forward facing in the back. She meets all requirements to still be that way and I intend to put her into high back booster mode when she exceeds the height limit in about 3 more inches unless she somehow exceeds the weight limit first. I have no judgement, if you prefer to switch them earlier when they meet the next step rather than when they exceed the requirements of the last, then by all means. You’re the parent. But I know for damn sure my 5 year old should not be in the front seat in a normal seat belt. Do schools just not care? Is this normal or is this just my daughters school who’s like this? Anybody else notice the same thing with their child’s school? Lol. Am I crazy for keeping my kid in a 5 point harness at almost 6 years old if shes still within the weight and height requirements? I feel like they get annoyed by this cause then it takes her longer to get strapped in and I “hold up the parent pick up line” but like sorry I prefer my kids utmost safety? Idk..