Doctors appointment and pcos

Jasmine

I have pcos which was diagnosed while trying to concieve the first time, my doctor put me on metformin which regulated my cycles but didnt help me ovulate. I stopped taking it after about 6 months and my cycles continued to be pretty regular. We stopped focusing on it and I managed to fall naturally and now have a nearly 2 year old son. The only thing that i can think of that we did differently was I was drinking alot of smoothies with extra b vitamins.

We are ttc again and ive been of the mini pill for about 2 months. I had some spotting/ light periods at the beginning and 30 days after that had a regulat period(cramping and reasonably heavy) now im on cd 38 and nothing. I had some pain for about a week on one ovary 2 weeks into the cycle and then 2 weeks later had what felt like the start of period cramps but nothing and no pain since. Ive had several negative tests the last being on Sunday.

Ive been referred for a scan to check for cysts because of the pain I had which is scheduled for the begining of March and I've booked myself a doctors appointment tomorrow. I know I havent been trying for long yet this time but i want to start getting a handle on it as soon as possible as I already know I have a problem.

I'm planning on asking to go back on metformin and I also want them to test my hormone levels. Is there anything else my gp can do for me? I dont want to be fobbed off because we havent been trying for long and I'm not sure if we can be referred again on the nhs because we already have a child.

I'm trying to be proactive in myself, im cutting right down on sugar and trying to loose 5% of my weight ( the weight I put in over christmas) which will put me back in my healthy weight range. Im also starting vitamins, especially the b vitamins which im hoping helped last time.

Can anyone tell me if theres anything else I can ask my gp to do tomorrow? Or any specific blood tests to ask for? Or has anyone had any experience with what help the nhs will offer for a second baby?

Sorry for the long post and thankyou to anyone that replies