Am I overreacting? Advice needed!!

Brittany

So me and my boyfriend we are both 21 and have been dating for 2 1/2 years and live with our own moms 2 hours away from eachother. We have gone threw allot together and have been long distance for almost a year. Well yesterday no one could get ahold of my boyfriends father so they sent the cops over to his apartment to do a welfare check and his father was found deceased. He messaged me when he found out and so I replied asking if he is ok and if he wanted me to drive up there to be for him but I didn’t get a response after an hour so I called him to check up on him and asked if he was ok and he was numb so I asked him if he wanted me there and he just said “idk I’ll talk to you later bye” and then a couple hours later he messages me saying he and his mom are staying home and getting threw it together I tell him I love him I tell him im sorry and then I don’t hear from him for 3 more hours and he’s at his(closed) work with all his coworkers getting drunk together. I don’t know if I have any right to be upset about any of this but that man would call me his daughter in law and I really cared about him may he Rest In Peace. Do I even have any right to be upset my boyfriend doesn’t want me there with him when I’m trying to be supportive and also grieving the loss? (I asked my mother for advice and she just told me that that was his way of showing that he doesn’t care about me or us and told me to break up with him today)