Covid19

skye

I'm sure by now everyone is sick of hearing about covid19 and if your anything like me you've been getting mixed advice on what pregnant women should do (we're no more susceptible then the general public and we should just be hygienic and follow the same precautions as the general public, we're more susceptible and should avoid appointments in person and self isolate, we're less susceptible and shouldn't worry, baby can contract it in the womb, baby can't contract it in the womb. All advice given by medical professionals) I'm not too worried about contracting it because I don't go anywhere, i live on a rural property and only go out once a fortnight to get groceries and attend antenatal appointments and once bubs born I plan on saying home (only visiting my bestfriend/sister in law who is also rural and in self isolation due to her kids having vulnerable immune systems) and sending hubby to collect groceries. Anyway, fuck covid19. I had a Drs app yesterday (labor should start any minute now) but I was informed that due to Covid19 there are new policies during labor and on the materiny ward, I'm only allowed 1 support person! (I'd wanted and we'd planned for my husband and my sister inlaw/bestfriend there, she's not only my support hubbys as well, i love him but he's not the brightest spark and he worries a lot) and support person has to try their best to distance themselves from me and others at all times and isn't allowed in the bathroom/shower with me, as soon as the baby is born support person has to leave and I'm not allowed any visitors until I am discharge and then only one person is allowed to come in with the capsule (I'm fine with the no visitors, ive already told everyone to wait until we are home) but this is horrible, the whole time I have been told that labor is mine and it is whatever makes me as comfortable and relaxed as possible and now my husband is told not to touch me during and my bestfriend can't be there. This is ridiculous, I'm so mad and upset.