Anyone else? Drop in blood pressure?

Audrey

So I have to get a non stress test weekly on the baby due to being at high risk because of my thyroid. I’ve never had this issue until now, probably due to my baby getting bigger.

I go to my 36 week appt. and I undress waist down put the sheet on (doc is doing an exam right after the NST test) and the nurse comes and puts the belts on my belly. I’m of course alone at this appointment because of this pandemic and my Husband isn’t allowed. After the nurse puts the bands on me and hooks me to the machine she leaves and shuts the door and I’m laying flat on my back on the table. About 2 minutes in I start having shortness of breath and the room feels super hot (I’m never hot). I’m like ok this is going to pass in a second. Then all of the sudden the room is spinning and I’m like nope I’m going to puke! I break out in a cold sweat from head to toe, I mean I’m totally drenched. I start panicking because 1. I’m strapped to the machine and 2. I can’t call for help! So I sit up and I’m like do I throw up on myself or what do I do?! Finally I felt relief after sitting up. Well the machine was going crazy so the nurse came in and she runs to me and was like what happened are you ok? All of the color in my face was gone. She then she goes and gets the doctor and he said my blood pressure must have dropped due to being on my back and that it was normal. I was so embarrassed, still am! I broke out in such a sweat that the paper they put on the table had stuck to my back and butt. They had me sit up for awhile and gave me water and all and made sure I was okay before leaving. He also did the exam quickly and managed to have me sit up a little while he did the exam.

Just curious if this is common or happened to anyone else? I’m laughing about it now, but will be a slight embarrassed at next weeks appt. the nurse already said she won’t lay me flat on my back anymore. 😂😂