Labor cookies?! 🍪

Stephanie

Has any mommas heard of these or tried them before? I just made a batch and let me tell you WOW they have a kick to em. I have 9 days left to go into labor on my own or be induced.

Here’s the article I found that gave me some hope haha!

Liz Foster - Birth Doula, Prenatal

One of Many Labor Cookies Success Stories

The Best Labor Cookies of all time courtesy of Love In Motion Doula Services by Liz Foster

Seriously mamas, they taste like CHRISTMAS

Ok gals, labor cookies...do they really work??

Well, I can attest to how well they work. And to how delish they are! I made these with my second child at 39 weeks. And I'm going to be blatantly honest here...

I ate 13 cookies

YES

in one sitting.

Because when am I ever going to have the chance to eat that many cookies

EVER AGAIN in my life?!

I ate those scrumptious labor cookies and I ate them well. And get this, THEY WORKED!!

About 5 hours later, labor began...and 12 hours after that, we had a beautiful baby girl, who probably had molasses in her poop...no wait, that was meconium. Too much??

A side of caution: they may just cause indigestion...

However, they're

FLIPPIN'

cookies!!

What pregnant mama would say no to the request to eat a dozen labor cookies?

It couldn’t hurt to try, right?

They taste like Christmas!

Are you desperate to go into labor that you will try something a little crazy and make these cookies?

Are you going to give these cookies a try? Maybe ask your partner or mom to make them! Now go get those ingredients! I'll be here waiting...

I would love to hear your thoughts on how they tasted for you!

In the meantime, snag a FREE Labor Cheat Sheet at the bottom of this page.

Be well-prepared for the day that baby arrives.

And if you try these cookies, baby day may be closer than you think!!

2 1/2 c. flour

1 1/2 t. baking soda

3/4 t. cinnamon

1 t. ground ginger

1/2 t. ground cloves

1/2 t. salt

1/2 t. cayenne pepper

8 T. butter

1/2 c. sugar

1 c. brown sugar

1/3 c. molasses

1/4 c. egg whites

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine flour, baking soda and spices and set aside. Cream the butter and sugars together. Add the molasses to the creamed butter, then add the egg whites until combined. Add the dry ingredients slowly.

Once incorporated, roll dough into 1 inch balls and place onto baking tray. Bake 8-10 minutes.

Once cool, eat as many as you can possibly stomach, lay down for a nap and wait for labor to begin!