Easy induction!

Julia • Mom, wife, animal trainer, traveler.

I went in for an elective induction at 39 weeks. My doctor and I decided it was best so that I could have coverage for my son while my husband and I were at the hospital and we could plan it during this crazy covid time!

I went in at 7:30am and did all the paperwork and got changed and settled. At 8:30 the nurse started fluids. 9:00 my OB checked my cervix and I was 2-3cm and 50% effaced so she broke my waters/ruptured my membranes (which didn’t even hurt) and started my pitocin. We kept increasing the pitocin every 30 min. By 11 my contractions were really uncomfortable and I was bouncing on the birthing ball but couldn’t leave the room due to the covid19 situation so I asked for the epidural. I was 4cm at that point and got the epidural at 11:30. I have low blood pressure and the epidural dropped it even more so I had 3 ephedrine shots through the process as they monitored my blood pressure every 5 minutes. I then rested in bed and watched tv with my husband. I also ate a pudding and drank water. At 2:30 the OB returned to check my progress. I was at 10cm and she could see the head- I wasn’t even ready lol! She got set up within 5 minutes (I couldn’t even feel my legs or the pressure from the epidural so it was really weird. I had an epidural with my son but I could feel the pressure and contractions the whole time). At 2:40 she told me to push. I pushed for 10 seconds, took a break and pushed for 10 seconds then waited for the next contraction. At the next contraction I pushed and out she came! That easy! It was a breeze! I did tear a little and got some stiches but everything else was great! So easy, so happy I got an induction! It was 6 hours from start to finish and very little pain!

Juniper Belle Mehaffey 👶🏼🎀👣💞

4/19/20

2:42 pm

8 lbs 11 oz

19.5 inches