I went to see his best friend 🥳🤯😭

My husband and I are very private people. We each have 1 best friend (male-his, female-mine) and like to keep our social circle closed. We do socialize with others, but these 2 are like our (his) brother and (my) sister. Both friendships have started long before him and I ever met. We have been together and married for 3 years (Early 20's). We are very close to them (and share almost everything and the other person knows this). Let's call them Adam and <a href="https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.glow.android.eve">Eve</a>. He and Adam are also business partners.

This is something that happened over a year ago, and I still have nightmares about it. The longer I think about it the worse I feel. Please tell me if I was wrong.

About a year ago, Adam had a very difficult time (which lasted about a month or two, Adam knew that I knew that). My husband was very sad about the way Adam was being and tried talking to him, but it would often lead no-where, so naturally he would talk to me. I tried giving my husband advice about how to help Adam, and I had valid points, which he said so himself. They are like brothers. They have been best friends since babies (same with me and my friend).

So, after 2 months of seeing my husband hopeless and sad about his friendship, I went over to Adam's place to try and talk to him (I am a very calm person). I waited outside, he came, we went for a walk, we talked, he came around and realized he was wrong, and we said our goodbyes. The whole thing lasted less than half an hour. I felt really proud of myself. I helped not only Adam, but my husband! Until..

An hour or so past, and my husband called to tell me that he is coming home and we need to talk. He comes furious and starts yelling at me, calling me names, even went as far as almost hitting me ('raising his hand'). I ask him what is wrong, isn't he happy about Adam, and he started to threaten to divorce me if I ever think about speaking to Adam again. I still cannot see the problem, but at this point I am barely breathing from crying so much.

I did not cheat. I did not flirt. I did nothing bad. I did not overstep any boundaries. I did nothing wrong. Yet I felt like the worlds worst wife and ashamed of my actions. I still have nightmares about my husband coming home that night.

But then, sometimes, I wonder why he acted that way. Why was I forbidden to speak to Adam?

And the it hit me! Why have we never hung out with Adam together? Never, not once have me and Adam been allowed to socialize. I have seen him a million times, but when he comes to our house, my husband makes me leave the room. When we have a date, he makes and excuse. when I ask him why, he gives an excuse.

My best friend (<a href="https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.glow.android.eve">Eve</a>) thinks he is hiding something and that that is not normal. My husband and <a href="https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.glow.android.eve">Eve</a> have socialized, been on double dates. if he ever went yo talk to her, i would be more grateful than anything. Also, I helped Adam and Adam was very grateful. My husband was too about adam, but very very mad at me.

I am torn between feeling horrible and thinking something else is going on?