The hook effect? It’s real!

I’ve been losing my mind the last while because my tests have seemed to get lighter...

Checked online and I read about the hook effect. I’m 8 weeks today and I took a test this morning at 5am and it was super light. Started to panic.

Went back to sleep woke up at 6:30am, so an hour and a half later and I thought... I’m trying the 50/50 pee and water thing.

So I did it. Here’s the tests.

Top one 5am

Bottom one 6:30am

Now tell me that the hook effect isn’t real!!!! Hahaha wow. I’m feeling so relieved and I’m def putting the tests away.

Happy mama. Relieved mama.

My first ultrasound is in a week, we had a miscarriage a year and a half ago so I’ve just been cautious. Haven’t been testing EVERY DAY but here n there I have since I hit 5.5 weeks.

**Ps: I know, I know... many of you say “stop testing stop stressing lalalalala”

Sometimes it’s more stressful if we don’t test, pregnancy after loss is a strange struggle. We are all in this together Mama’s, so let’s empower and support each other!!!! I’ve been keeping it a secret and only a handful of people know so it’s hard sometimes to get the support you need during early pregnancy.**