Small head and femur size?

Allison

Anyone else have their doctor tell them that their baby’s head or femur is measuring small?

I’ve been having ultrasounds at every doctors appointment because apparently my baby’s head is measuring in the 1st percentile for her gestational age. The doctor said that her femur measurement is also measuring small and is only in the 6th percentile. But her abdomen and everything else is measuring the normal size.

I’m currently 33 weeks and 3 days my next appointment will be in 3 weeks which will include another ultrasound and then weekly ultrasounds after that.

I’m just nervous because this is baby #4, I’m 36 years old and I’ve never been told anything like this before. All my babies have been big like 8-9 1/2 lbs. I’ve never had to worry about their size.

The doctor keeps saying he doesn’t have an explanation for her head and femur to be so small and that all he can do about it is keep watching and monitoring it and we’ll see what happens when she comes out.

Can anyone shed some light on this for me? Or has anyone had any experience with this sort of thing?

I’m kinda stressing out that something might be wrong with her. I’m scared.