Weddings + Social Distancing

Kathleen

Hi Everyone!

We are invited to 3 weddings during last two weekends in August. 1 is postponed and 2 of them are going ahead as planned.

My husband and I 100% not going. I feel it’s way too close to the due date to take the chance of either of us getting sick. Even if we weren’t pregnant right now I still don’t know if I would go. We also have a 14 month old at home.

I’m SO sad to miss them and I hope they do end up rescheduling to a different date. I just feel that things are so up in the air right now in terms of numbers rising, the guidance we are receiving, and people not following the rules.

We are still extreme social distancing, working from home, not opening up our circle of visitors, and have not been anywhere since March. Not even the grocery store. Everything we need is being delivered.

The only place I have been is the doctors 5 or 6 times. And when I do go I come home through my basement door, strip my clothes, and shower before seeing my baby.

My question is, what are your thoughts?

Would you/ are you going to any weddings or events?

Have you loosened up on social distancing?

Sometimes I really feel like I am crazy following the rules so strictly seeing everyone go about their lives normally, but I am also following my doctors advice.