Helping S/O with weightloss

Brianica • Mama to my sweet little Armani💙 24 years young ❣️

So I just saw a post where a girl was asking about how she can tell her boyfriend he needs to lose weight without hurting his feelings. Her reasoning was he is 20 and wears a size 2XL (which she believed was not good for a 20yo), all he wants to do is eat, and his hygiene is getting bad so he’s starting to smell.

I was about to comment but she deleted the post so I figured I would post here for anyone else who may be needing advice on this! The first and only comment on her post seemed to be bashing her for worrying about his weight and feeling the need to tell him anything. Now I understand where that person was coming from because I don’t believe anyone should be deciding when someone else should lose weight. BUT, that is her S/O and being overweight can have negative effects after so long. My advice to her was to maybe approach it by saying she was worried about his health and wants to find a way to help him lose weight so he doesn’t experience complications later on. Another idea I had was approaching it as a team problem instead of just a him problem. Ex: tell him she’s been thinking about their health and she believes they should start working out together and eating healthier.

Not sure if these are good tips or would help anyone but thats how I would do it if needed and figured it might help someone else! 😊