UK Mumma in Desperate Need! 🇬🇧

Tanya

I’m having a bit of a nightmare. I really need some help and advise on what to do!

I’m 11 weeks pregnant and I started bleeding yesterday afternoon. I called the early pregnancy unit 3 times, no one answered and just got their voicemail. I called the doctors surgery, as I was at work and didn’t have my midwife’s number saved, and they gave me 2 midwifes numbers. Both of those were off. So I called the surgery back and they told me to go to A&E. I got there just after 3 and waited for an hour just for the doctor to tell me the early pregnant unit closed at 4 and I would have to go home and ring them at 7.30am.

So I’ve been ringing the early pregnancy unit since 7.30 and again no one is answering! I’ve left a message for someone to call me back, but who knows when / if that will happen. I tried both my midwife’s numbers again and both are off!

I understand the NHS is under a huge strain right now, but I feel completely unsupported and left in the dark! This is my first pregnancy and I am really starting to get upset now and I really don’t know what to do! Someone PLEASE help me!!!