I Want to Be Supportive (UPDATED)

Lia

I'm 21 and my husband is turning 25 soon. We're married and have a 6 month old girl and we live in an apartment. I'm still trying to figure out what to do for school, as I'm currently not in school because I had my daughter and before that I wasn't doing as well academically like I used to. So I'm a little behind, but I at least have my hs degree and some experience behind me from some of the jobs I've worked. I'm still trying to figure out what it is that I want to do if I am going back to school. I hated computer science, and I love film/theatre but it's definitely something I shouldn't be going to school for. I need to get a reasonable degree so I can get a stable job for our family's sake. Right now I have a full-time (temporary) job at home. Whenever my time is up there, I would have to find a new job. Hopefully a more permanent position...

Anyways...

My husband wants to buy a home. Don't get me wrong, I want to too! But I just don't think we have enough for that right now. He doesn't have a degree either, and he's been working at the same part-time job for a couple years now. He doesn't want to get a full-time job. He wants to flip our first home. The house we're looking at (mostly my husband) needs a lot of work. Lots of weeds, the gutter is broken the deck needs to be redone, the driveway needs to be done.... you get the point. Anyways we have our expenses and I don't want to add this to the list. I don't doubt he has good ideas, and his heart is in the right place, but I think we need more money before we jump into anything. Even his mother said he needs a full-time job before we buy and I don't know. I'm at a loss for words. I don't know what to do or say to him to show that I'm on his side but he also needs to consider that he needs to get a full-time job.

Update:

So we've talked and he knows he needs to get another job to support financially for a house. We've found a WAY better looking house. Which makes me feel better about moving and it's affordable as well. Hopefully it works out. Wish us luck. We're having issues with our apt and we're ready to move. I'm a little scared, but after our talk from last night, I trust my husband to take the lead. Of course I'm gonna say what I need to say still so we don't take a wrong turn.