Pelvic pain

Sara 🌻 • Endometriosis || Pcos || Mom to 5 angels❤️👼🏼

My pelvic pain began when I was only 9 yrs old. I remember telling my mother how bad the cramping was and how bad I was bleeding, but at 9 yrs old I didn’t know that wasn’t “normal”. Over the years my pelvic pain started to get worse and worse. At first it was only during my period or near the start of my period, but now it’s almost 24/7. I went to several doctors who either told me that it was just a bad period or it was all in my head. They wouldn’t take my symptoms or pain seriously. They just shoved birth control down my throat and told me to “not think about the pain”. Once I started having sex I noticed that 99% of the time it was excruciating, but doctors just told me it was normal. I spent years living with chronic pelvic pain without any answers. I spent years not being believed by doctors. I spent years of getting treated poorly by medical professionals that are supposed to help me. I finally found a doctor who believed me last year after years of not being believed. Just know that if you are struggling with any type of pelvic pain whether it be endometriosis, Pcos, adenomyosis, pelvic floor dysfunction or something else, I believe you. I see you. I hear you. You don’t have to validate or prove your pain to me 🎗💙