am I wrong???

I’ve been talking to this guy for around 8 months and I really like him. I might even love him or be in love with him. I’m 19 years old and I haven’t rly had a serious relationship before. I really want to be official. I have mentioned it/brought it up, and he always says that he’ll ask me the next time we see each other, but he never does. 🙃 Now, I’m starting to feel less and less connected to him as time passes, probably because he hasn’t popped the question. He’s 25 and works a lot, so we rarely see each other (maybe once every month or couple of weeks), and it also seems as if we rarely talk. He messages me maybe twice a day. He was a lot better at messaging me at first, but I don’t know what happened.. it sucks a lot. Anyways, the other day I was thinking of this guy I used to talk to, who I unadded on Snap bc of the guy I’m currently talking to (the guy I’m talking to didn’t make this request, I just did it on my own). And the same day I thought about him, he messaged me. So strange... So, I said hey to him as well, and now we’re sort of talking. I rly don’t consider this as “cheating,” because we’re not official, and honestly idk if we ever will be, if I’m being honest to myself... I just feel like I put in 100x more effort than he does, and it sucks a lot tbh. I just wish he’d ask the question finally and I wish he’d talk to me more. It really upsets me and makes me feel unimportant. Maybe that’s why I messaged the guy back, honestly, because I don’t feel very loved or like I’m that important... Basically, all I’m wondering, is if I’m in the wrong for texting the other guy back?

Vote below to see results!