Good thing it’s MY freaking body!

TW/CW- talk of pregnancy loss

My mom used to be extremely controlling over my life and I had to tell her that she either had to stop doing that crap or I wasn’t going to have a relationship with her. To explain why I was telling her my business, she really has changed and I’ve gotten close with my mom again. I was excited and was telling her how much I liked my doctor and he told me I would need someone to drive me home so I asked her to come with me and be the one to drive me home.

That controlling part of her really came out when I told her I was getting the IUD.

Someone my mom used to work with got pregnant on the IUD and eventually the IUD ended up breaking her water and causing infection and she had a late term miscarriage. Well now my mom is convinced that this is what IUDs do.

She started screaming at me out of nowhere that I was going to kill my

Baby (you know, one that doesn’t

Exist)

She told me I wasn’t getting the IUD, she wasn’t gonna let me.

And I was like first of all that woman was the 1%. Birth control fails some people, it’s just what happens sometimes.

Second of all, good thing I’m 24 damn years old and have complete control of MY own body and medical decisions and there is nothing you can do to stop me. Then I just turned around the walk out of her house.

y’all she came after me and screamed “IM NOT GONNA BE THERE WHEN YOU GET PREGNANT AND THEN GIVE BIRTH TO MY DYING GRANDBABY AND NEARLY DIE YOURSELF.” And I screamed “good for you” and went home.

When I got out of the appointment at my gynecologist to insert the IUD, she was sitting in the waiting room. She didn’t tell me she was coming at all. I still don’t know what to make of that, but I still drove myself home and she followed.

She’s still mad about it and won’t let me talk about my IUD insertion.

I have never been more glad in my whole life that I have complete control over my body. All of this took me back to being forced on the shot as a teenager and begging her to not go back for the other because it caused me to bleed for months and the doctor not listening and didn’t care what I had to say about it (this was so hurtful to me and I don’t get why. I think back a lot to that doctor not caring and basically ignoring me) I was also forced to take ADHD meds that made me feel like shit. She would stand and scream at me until I took it because “it made my grades better” Having absolutely no say in your medical decisions is truly awful.

I completely forgot what it felt like to have someone trying to control your life. It’s been years since she’s acted like this and her acting this way took me wayyy back to everything she used to do.