My mom is dying

Michele

Ftm to a gorgeous two week old baby girl after two years of trying. I moved from the USA to Australia years ago and married my now husband. We just found out that my mom is at the end of her 9 year breast cancer fight. It’s progressed to her brain and they have officially given her a timeframe. About 2 months. Idk if we will get home in time to see her. Waiting on baby’s passport but it will take a while to get her USA citizenship so she and my husband will be traveling to the USA on a visa and I’m not an Australian citizen so idk if I’ll be allowed back to Australia with all the COVID restrictions and what if we get separated. I’m trying to keep calm but I’m spiralling. Will I get to see my mom one last time? Will I get to attend her funeral? Will she meet my daughter? How will my dad and sister cope if I can’t get there in time?

This wasn’t unexpected, but it still doesn’t numb the pain. Has anyone else dealt with significant loss as a new mom? How did you get through it? I feel like I still need my mom so much and now becoming a mom has added such a deeper layer to it all.....