What to do with VERY old hand me downs?

Ju

My mom kept A TON of my baby clothes, bedding, even cloth diapers. Now that I’m pregnant with my first she’s so excited to give it all to me and keeps saying that I don’t need hardly any baby stuff because she has so much of my old stuff to give me.

Ignoring the fact that I want to buy stuff for my baby, I’m 33 years old... this stuff is 3 decades old. I don’t really want to use 33 year old diapers. The clothes and bedding are probably soaked in flame retardants we now know are toxic and I really don’t want my baby around that. There’s a reason they can’t use that stuff on children’s bedding anymore. We’re crunchy hippie parents, we’re very concerned about this sort of thing.

She also has my old play pen/pack and play and I just cannot believe there’s a chance that it’s up to the most recent safety codes.

Also, she was very into pink frilly stuff for me as a baby. My SO and I are not into gender stereotypes.

I think I’ll probably put the baby in some of the more special outfits for a few pictures, but I really don’t want to use the other stuff and I don’t know what to do with it without hurting my mom’s feelings.