Earring infection

**Long post** ** Yucky pictures**

actual question at the bottom.

I've had my ears pierced since I was a baby👶. I sleep with white gold studs in my ears. 2 weeks ago I removed the earring to clean my ears and noticed this sore bump on the outside back of my piercing 🤯😱. I left the earring out.

I cleaned the area with alcohol wipes and peroxide... Maybe I shouldn't have done that 🙇🏾‍♀️🤦🏾‍♀️💁🏾‍♀️ but the bump was gone the next day. 3 days later my ear doubled in size, turned red, swollen lymph node and I had a good amount of itching😰😳. From there I called the doc sent pics and was prescribed 10 days of antibiotics.

I noticed a huge difference on the 4th day of antibiotics ... itching was gone and swelling pretty much gone just insanely dry peely skin 🙂🤗. Then on the 6th day the itching came back and has continued to get worse, So has the dry peely skin😭😭😭. Here we are on my last day of antibiotics and the swelling has mostly went down but still a little swollen, the swollen painful lymph node on my neck has went down and no longer sore but the itching is driving me crazy😵😵!! This last picture was taken today (there is aloe vera gel on my ear to help minimize the itching)

My question is.... today is my last day on antibiotics and I am not sure if this infection is completely gone due to the mild swelling that is still present and the itching that has came back. What do you all think? Is this MRSA...I am going to the doc today for them to have a look. The only reason I ask on here is because my husband thinks I'm being paranoid and should not go to the doc. He feels that the itching is a sign of healing.