Hollow

So I just need to vent and I hope this is a safe space…my friends dont understand where I’m coming from or maybe they do and just aren’t saying anything. The other day my boyfriend and I got into a verbal altercation that turned physical. He pinned me down on the back of the neck band twisted my arms, I managed to bite him to get away…He seems to be a little insecure and we have all been going through a lot but that’s still no excuse. Never has a man put his hands on me in such an evil way and left marks on my body. I am a very beautiful woman and like to carry myself as such—and although I am a strong woman just the fact that he intentionally bruised my arm (which is huge and won’t heal quickly) as a reminder almost idk it just makes me sick and makes me feel weak—and less empowered. And those aren’t feelings I’m familiar with. As if he was trying to mark my body in an attempt to devalue me. He’s a man in a position of power so all his actions are thought out…He’s trying to break me. But I won’t let it! How am I supposed to feel…this is someone I trusted with my whole self and they disrespected me in the worst way possible and think things can resume per usual. I know I dont have to do anything I dont have to but I’ll admit the feelings are disrespectful placed. The look in his eyes scared me and I didn’t recognize him in the moment—I dont want a life where I’m someones muse, their trophy wife—and abused, and belittled behind closed doors…I’ve seen how that movie ends. I deserve better…I dont like feeling afraid but I know that will pass and I dont like feeling bad for not wanting to stay when my friends have…I’m not casting judgement I just wish they’d show me the same support I show them, and respect my decisions. I wish this never happened no one deserves this