Postpartum period

Kalle

I just had my son on august 2nd. I got my first postpartum period on September 9th and it lasted 5 days which is consistent with what it’s always been before pregnancy. At my 6 week appt I was put on the birth control pill. I started taking on Sept 12th and have taken it at the same time every day very consistently. My question is, now my period has come back for the second time this month??? This is my monthly calendar and this is day 15 I’ve been on my period… it did stop briefly on the dates that are not highlighted pink but it came back randomly after sex and hasn’t stopped. Today has actually been the heaviest day so far. Do you think this is due to the hormonal changes from the birth control pill, my body getting used to post baby periods, maybe a combination of both? Should I wait it out until next month and see if it goes back to normal? It’s just hard to know when it’s going to end because it seems like it’s here to stay.. I’d love to know if anyone else has experienced something similar!