Moving to a toddler bed early?

Ki

Has anyone moved their little one out of the crib sooner than 18 months?

My 14 month old sleeps horribly. She wakes up every 1-2 hours and most nights she ends up in bed with me. I think a lot of it has to do with not liking the crib. She sleeps better when she’s in bed with me, she naps better, and she’s also obsessed with crawling on her brother’s (4) twin mattress that we keep on the floor.

Toddler proofing the room wouldn’t be difficult and we have a camera monitor in there. Her room is directly next to ours and we can gate off the hallway from the rest of the house so she has nowhere to go. If I remember correctly we moved her brother to a toddler bed when he was around 18 months old and it was just fine, it even improved his sleep. I figure we can always just go back to the crib if it doesn’t work out as the toddler bed isn’t expensive, but I’m hoping to hear other experiences first. My husband wants to just put her crib mattress on the floor but I’m too worried about it sliding and her getting caught between the wall and mattress to agree with that route.