Chronic BV (bacterial vaginosis)

Ok. For the past year I have had BV more often than not. Or at least that's what it feels like. The first few times I got it there was a few months between infections, each time I took the antibiotics the doctor prescribed and followed all the precautions. But it still kept returning. The problem now is that sometimes it's only a few days I am actually free of it. As soon as I sleep with my boyfriend or have a period it returns. So, I'm stuck doing the 5 day antibiotic vaginal gel, (which I prefer to the oral meds because of the nausea) which sucks but it's better than the discomfort and smell. I've googled and googled and googled, I've tried over the counter remedies, I follow good hygiene (no soap or douching) and all the precautions like attempting to limit the sugar in my diet yet for some reason I cannot get rid of it for good. Since the BV has become so regular I'm now having recurrent UTI infections at the same time. I just feel so uncomfortable and run down and it's really getting to my confidence. I suppose I'm just looking for reassurance that I'm either not alone or that maybe someone out there knows the cure. Please do be respectful.