Anyone had a colonoscopy?

Danielle
I have to get a colonoscopy BC the Dr's think I might have crohns disease. I'm nervous about it BC I haven't heard anything good about those appointments. Plus I'm not comfortable being half naked while a man shoves something us my butt. I'm not sure if they are going to allow my husband in the room or not. I've heard of people being raped while they were sedated and other bad things. I've been sexually assaulted before (many times) so I'm even more uncomfortable with the whole thing. I'm not sure what to do. I don't think I can go through with it unless my husband is there. What should I do if they say he can't be there? I've been waiting a while for this appointment and its still a month out. I'm afraid to switch locations BC the appointments are scheduled so far out. And I need to find out what's wrong with me. What should I do? I'm terrified of another man touching me. I'm terrified of being make while another man touches me. I'm terrified of all that while he is sticking things in me. What if he "accidentally" touches the wrong hole or "accidentally" sticks his finger in it? I'm freaking out! Please give me advice!!!