Sleep paralysis + pregnancy= TERRIFYING!

Lori-lee • Hi! I'm a fine artist and children's book illustrator, a Mommy to a giant 4 year old boy, and preggers with my second baby due HALLOWEEN! Wooooo!
I remember 4 years ago with my first pregnancy, it was during my first trimester, maybe 7-8 weeks in. I was at my folks summer cabin, having a cat nap in the afternoon, I woke up looked around and quickly realized I couldn't move. The only thing I could control was my breathing and my eyes. That was my very first time experiencing sleep paralysis. Low and behold, last night, while sleeping next to my snoring bear of a hubby, it happened again, several times. Pretty much since I found out I was preggers a few weeks ago, (7 weeks along) I haven't been sleeping well. My mind seems overly active and every time I wake up, I have a hard time getting back to sleep. Last night was effing SCARY. My mind was racing but my body was so exhausted, that every time I closed my eyes I could feel a wave coming over me like my body was about to go into sleep paralysis, and I kept jolting myself to stay awake. I managed to lie on my back and turn off the old noggin eventually. Anyone else experience this at all? What a horrible feeling not being in control of your own body. 😟