my follow-up appoint to confirm the miscarriage

Ashley
I just had a follow-up appointment after my appointment last week didn’t go so well.  I had learned that the baby stopped growing around 5w6d and I was supposed to be between 9-10 weeks. I was completely shocked to learn that I had a silent/missed miscarriage. I sat in the doctor’s office numb and just felt like I was there. I couldn’t hear what she was saying or explaining. I just lost it and couldn’t stop crying. Thank heavens my husband was there because he absorbed everything and filled me a few days later when I finally was coming out of the numb phase. I spent the entire week googling everything I could on miscarriages, silent/missed miscarriages, the 3 options to end the miscarriage, and so much more. I have read what feels like every success and failed story of every option. I wanted to be as prepared as I could be for today’s appointment. A few day’s after my appointment I started spotting old blood, I thought the process was starting and I would naturally miscarry this past week but I didn’t. 

Fast forward to today, we had the ultrasound first. Nothing had changed, things looked similar to last weeks’ ultrasound. The ultrasound tech explained to me what she was seeing, what was what, what she was measuring, and answering every question she could answer for me. I learned that I have a tilted uterus, no idea what that really means. I then talked to my doctor afterward and she was completely supportive. She went over my options and my husband thinks she was hinting towards what she would like for me to do but she kept repeating herself, it is my choice on what route I go. Every option has it's pros and it cons. I am so thankful my husband was there because he heard things and processed them different than me. We sat in the Starbucks parking lot of about 5-10 minutes afterward talking about it and my options. I think I know what I want to do. 

I never imagined I would ever go through this. From this, I have learned a lot and this is something I would never wish upon anyone, not even my worst enemy.