should I be as upset as I am??

NLW
I need to vent and ask if what happened today should've upset me as much as it did.
Some background: my family lives out of the country so during my whole pregnancy I don't get to be close to my own mom. This is my first pregnancy and I'm super excited.
My in laws are staying with us during the holidays and today on 17w6d I felt my baby kicking for the first time. It was an AMAZING feeling . I was driving the car, my husband sitting beside me and my MIL and FIL were sitting in the back. I suddenly felt some little flutters , like butterfly wings in my stomach while stopping at a red light. I told my husband enthusiastically that I can feel the baby kicking. He was so excited too. My MIL suddenly told my FIL: " they are way more excited than I was with my first"
I suddenly missed my mom so much... I know she would've been soooo happy and would've understood how excited I was at that moment...
My mother in law is a kind and nice person and I never had a problem with her but I really didn't expect that... 
should I be upset? I mean it did ruin a moment that I've been waiting for since I found out I'm having my baby...