My labor was Hell but had a good ending

Julienne • Mom to 2 toddlers and two goldendoodles.
I was 41 weeks pregnant on Christmas Day and I was scheduled to go in for a non-stress test at the hospital. When I got there my blood pressure was in the 140's so they said they wanted to induce. They put the Cervidil in around 10pm and at around 3am I started having contractions and they started me on Pitocin. My plan was to not get an epidural. My baby was "sunny side up" so he was facing the wrong direction which was giving me my labor pains in my back which my nurse and OB assured me were much worse than regular contractions. I have never screamed out in pain like that in my life. I kept screaming "please help me, please help me!" They were laughing because they said I was so polite and always said "please" and in between  contractions I would say "I'm so sorry I'm so difficult right now, I'm not usually like this." They gave me sterile water injections in my back which hurt like a bitch while they were injecting it but actually really worked for an hour. Finally I caved and got the epidural. It was a much welcome relief but only lasted 3 hours. My husband and I started playing Go-fish (lol) and I was fine at the beginning of the game, but all of the sudden the contractions in my back returned with a vengeance. The anesthesiologist came back twice to push more of the epidural but it did not help at all. I can't remember at what point the doctor broke my water but apparently it was too early because I ended up violently shaking with a high temperature and was diagnosed with Chorioamnionitis.  Finally i was 10 cm and it was time to push. The OB decided she wanted to turn the baby before he came out so every time I pushed her arm was up my vagina turning the baby's head. Finally he turned but she still kept her arm up there to keep him in place so he wouldn't turn back. Can you imagine pushing out a baby and having a doctor's arm up your vagina at the same time?! I was deathly scared of pooping on the table the whole pregnancy so I told them "I'm really sorry if I poop!!" My husband started laughing so hard. He still teases me for that. Luckily I did not poop even though I was sure I did! Unless everyone was lying to me. Anyway, my cervix ended up closing back up because it was so swollen from the doctor's hand up there and she told me "I'm so sorry honey, but we are going to have to do an emergency c-section and rushed out. I saw my mom get up and follow her and was like "oh shit, this doctor's gonna get it." But I had bigger things to worry about. They said my husband would meet me in the OR once I was prepped but the spinal they gave me did absolutey nothing. I could still feel everything so they had to put me under general anesthesia which meant my husband could not come in. But I had no time to cry about it because before I knew it I woke up in the PACU and they told me my husband had my baby in the NICU due to my fever. My husband was so sweet and asked all of the nurses to not let anybody from our families see our baby boy before I did. He started crying when he saw me and kept saying how sorry he was that I had to go through so much. Shout out to supportive significant others or anyone who helps you through labor! 😘 
Sawyer was born at 4:30am on December 27. He was 7 lbs. 14 ounces, 20.5 inches. 
One day old. 
2 weeks old