Nap Struggles - FTM trying to figure out how to "teach" my little one to nap

Ashley • 💙 Lee 1.18.17 • Dennis 11.6.19 💙 B o y M o m
How many hours does your infant sleep in a day? 
I see that Glow Baby suggests 16 hours, but my LO averages 11-13. He is 3 weeks and 5 days old today. He does pretty well sleeping at night (a longer sleep around 8-midnight, then 2 two-hour sleeps before he's up for the day around 6), but I feel during the day it's unpredictable. Is that normal for this age? I've read articles that say I should be "teaching him" how to fall asleep, but I don't know how. Should I be doing something more to get him on a better sleeping schedule during the day? He always seems to fight it and the only way I can get him to sleep is to comfort nurse him, which I'm not sure is the best thing. Yesterday we tried the Ergo Baby and he fell asleep pretty quickly twice with my husband, but I tried it today and he wasn't having any of it! 
What do other parents do to soothe their baby into day naps? How long does it take you to soothe them? 
I so appreciate any insight you have! Honestly, this isn't to help me sleep better - I'm just worried he's not getting the sleep HE needs! Thank you in advance. 
Here is a picture of my little Lee from earlier today. 😍❤