Should I take the lead?

Ja
My husband and I have been together for 10.5 years and married for 5.5 years. We have a two year old and I am five months pregnant with our second. We recently hit a bump in our marriage (nothing that can't be worked out, but there is some tension). We also have been arguing more in the last two years than we ever did before. My mother and brother live with us, and my mom enjoys putting her two cents in and my husband is getting a little fed up. He works a lot (I'm a SAHM), and money is still tight so that's always a source of frustration for us. To say that the spark has fizzled is an understatement. We absolutely love each other but life is just getting the best of us. We recently came into a few extra dollars and I would really love it if we could take a weekend and get away, just the two of us. We haven't done anything together since our first daughter was born and now I fear that after our new baby comes, we'll be so busy that we won't have any time for each other. 
Here's the thing...I want my husband to think of this on his own. I wish he would take the reins and plan something out for us. He has never really been that kind of husband, but in light of the issues we've been having I just wish he would say to himself "I know this would make her happy." Should I drop hints or just come right out and tell him I want to do this? Or, do I surprise him and book something myself?