Some things not good second-hand?

Sienna

When a friend at work found out I'm pregnant, she started thinking of stuff she could give me that her daughter no longer uses. Which is really sweet. But she mentioned the changing pad and covers. This seems like an odd thing to get second-hand to me. I don't really want something someone else changed their kid on for years. Not to mention, a changing pad is like $15. I'd rather just buy that new.

Am I missing something? Is that a normal thing to give someone? And how do I decline I'm kinda hoping she forgets about it but if she brings it up again, I think I'll just say I already bought one/someone bought me one.

She also offered me a high chair that sounds pretty fancy but sounds bigger than what I want. It's one of those that swivels and moves up and down like a barber's chair. I'd prefer something smaller and simpler like the ones that come apart to convert to a toddler booster seat.

I'm happy to get used clothes or maybe like a swing but some stuff I feel like you just need to pick out what works for you. And some things should just be bought new.