My baby has a dilated kidney!

Lindsey

So I went in for my monthly check up ! I'm almost 22 weeks now and this is the first doctor appointment since my ultrasound at 19 weeks ! So she comes in and says we need to talk about the ultrasound and what they found ! I immediately get concerned !!! So then she says that they found that one of the babies kidneys is dilated ... which is correlated to Down syndrome! I opted to not get the genetic testing at the beginning because it wouldn't change anything and I love my baby no matter what !! But she said that there is a very slim chance that baby could have downs ! She said most people get the genetic testing done just to have peace of mind .. I'm not sure what I want to do yet ! It is all very surreal right now ! There are no other health problems that the dilated kidney can cause so that's a relief ... but I am just wondering if anyone else has been thru this or is going thru this !? Just looking for guidance and reassurance!

Update: thank you everyone for all your well wishes and positive thoughts and stories of success ! I am trying not to worry to much !