Manipulative relationship.

Hey everyone,

Normally i don’t talk about my relationship problems to the world, but I’m at a loss.

My current SO and i have been together for nearly 4 years. We have a 1.5 year old daughter together.

He’s been very manipulative and emotionally abusive ever since i got pregnant and I’ve never been able to leave him, despite numerous attempts. Right now, i want to leave. We haven’t been working out for a long time and i feel like i need time to myself to figure out what i want and what i need. I know we don’t want the same things in life (marriage and more children as examples) and I’ve explained that to him and he STILL refuses to let me go. He says that we just need to work on our issues and everything will come together. He also states that he does not want more kids and he doesn’t want to get married, but both of those are very important to me. I have told him this. All he keeps telling me about is how i don’t do things for him like he “does for me” and that we need counseling together to make things our relationship last. I just can’t do it anymore and he won’t just let me leave him. This is long and I’m sorry. I’m just not sure what to do. He tells me he loves me and wants me to head over to his moms house, where he is, to talk and go out tonight. I feel like I’m never going to be able to escape this cycle from him.

If you have ever been in this situation how did you ever get out of it?

I know he’s manipulative and i know i need to say no to everything, but then he gets mad and i can’t deal with it when he gets angry. It sounds pathetic, i know.