Schizophrenic SO?!

Has anyone ever dated or liked someone with schizophrenia? I’m at a loss here.

This guy I like clearly has something mentally wrong with him but he 100% does not believe it.

Everything was going so great with us. We talked every single day and grew so close. I never wanted our texting conversations to end. We’d talk nonstop about everything.

Then one day he confessed to me that he talks to people from the future. I gave him the benefit of the doubt at first, but now I’m realizing just how far gone he is.

We texted every second of every day. I’d wake up to texts from him. I’d stay up late talking to him. It gave me life lol. I kinda forgot about the whole “I hear voices from the future” stuff, because he said he finally talked to his parents about it. I thought it was all okay.

Then this started...

This was about two months ago. Then I talked to him on the phone...he said he’s ignoring me for “good reason” and kept talking about the things that the people from the future are telling him.

Then he accused me of lying about random things just because “future me” was telling him this stuff. He said “future me” told him about a bunch of things from my past, and when I told him “no, I never did any of those things” he called me a liar. He’s believing these voices in his head instead of me:/

Every single conversation from this point^^ on has been about the voices from the future. There’s absolutely no reasoning with him. He wholeheartedly believes that future me is talking to him and there is absolutely nothing at this point I can say to persuade him otherwise.

I’m so burnt out. I can’t talk to him anymore. He’s not himself anymore. I feel like I’m talking to a brick wall. He has no depth to him anymore, stopped making art because the voices told him that his art gets him nowhere in the future (but he’s a ridiculously talented artist and it kills me to see him giving up on it because of these voices).

He’s not the same.

Now as of the end of November, I haven’t heard a word from him. Who knows if he’s even still alive. He started acting so shitty toward me, being so rude, and ignoring my texts. I couldn’t put up with him anymore. It was beyond frustrating and hurtful.

Our last convo:

I would’ve never talked t him like that before, but I just couldn’t deal with it anymore. It’s like he has no emotion. I could tell him I’m going to jump off a bridge and he’d spew out some random bs phrase that makes no sense. I could tell him I just got shot in the leg and he’d send me a completely irrelevant YouTube video of someone singing.

I haven’t heard from him since then. But I feel so awful. There’s something very wrong with him in the head, and here I am just focusing on how *I* feel...but it just hurts so much thinking about how close we were, and now he doesn’t talk to me at all anymore, despite proclaiming his love for me time and time again.

Regardless, I’m so worried for him. He’s never on social media anymore, and I have no clue what’s been going on with him..I’m scared he’s just getting worse and worse, and I miss talking to him so so much.

I have no clue what to do. I can’t talk him into seeking help because he’s so far gone, everything I say goes in one ear and out the other (if he would even answer me, anymore). The voices have taken over his life and he told me he likes it. He likes talking to them.

I have no clue what to do. Sorry for the rant. I just think about him every day but he’s just dropped out of my life. I can’t stop thinking and worrying about him.

Is all of this schizophrenia? I don’t know what to make of all of it..