Just need to vent a little

Ashley • Mama of two 👼🏼👼🏼;Britton & Jaylen. Dog mom. PCOS cyster. Theo 6-8-20 💙. Wife 6-23-18.

So a little background before I begin: my mom had me at a young age, so I’m 22, and my youngest sibling is 6. There are 8 of us kids total. I’m in college and she works seasonally at H&R; Block.

Today I was talking to my mom and I said: “I know that you’re really busy with the other kids, but it would mean a lot to me if you tried to make some time for me too, maybe we could have lunch or something together after the kids go back to school.”

She then proceeded to rip my ass about how I need to grow up and how inconsiderate and selfish that was for me to ask. How that would detract from the time she spends with my siblings, and how unfair that is to them to deprive them of. And if I really think that I’m that much above everyone to ask such a thing, I was wrong, because if anything, I was less. It went on for a good 20 minutes.

I don’t understand, I’m her child too. I know that I’m an adult, but is one lunch every now and then too much to ask? I’m literally asking for one afternoon a month tops. Am I that much of a disappointment that she doesn’t even want to consider spending time with just me? Anyway, it just really hurt and I needed to get it off of my chest.