I’m such an idiot 🤦🏼‍♀️

So I just spoke with a landlord about potentially renting a unit and she asked if I was kin to one of the units there..I said I wasn’t and lied that my boyfriend wasn’t because I was told that if she knew, that she’d deny us a place to live there. I’m not one to just lie, but I did just now and I can’t stop beating myself up over it. So since she knew something was off (I think my boyfriend’s family spoke with her, mind you they’re the ones who told me to lie..) so I straight up said that yes he’s kin to them and that I apologize for lying and gave my sorry explanation. She’s still willing to let us become potential tenants..told me to keep her number and call back in two weeks and what needs to be done and so forth before we can rent.

Y’all.

I gave off such a sorry ass impression and I’m so upset over it 🙄 I am mainly worried that she might think that my apology wasn’t sincere and that I might lie again. I HATE giving off bad impressions and my anxiety and pregnancy hormones are not helping me right now.

She’s probably going to think of me as a liar from here on out, and that’s just not me. 😔