Distance round 2

KG

I posted something in Relationship Talk first because I didn't know this page existed. So I'm coming here to the "experts".

My boyfriend and I have been together for over 2 and a half years. We met and a short month later he had some medical issues and we were immediately thrown into distance. It was really the first 8 months of our relationship and obviously we made it work, but we weren't super serious back then and I definitely did not think it was a long term thing.

Two years have gone by since we ended the distance and since then we have moved in together and gotten 2 cats. I love our little life and I cannot wait to marry this man. I just graduated from college in December and have a full time job. He will graduate this coming December. We have plans to get engaged and all that follows once he graduates and gets a job. This summer he received an amazing opportunity and will be gone for the next few months. Although I know this is short term, it's still a little intimidating.

As I mentioned above, the first time we did distance we were not very serious. Now we live together and have pets and plans for a future. I am not worried about us not being able to do the distance or our relationship shop not being strong enough. I was simply hoping to get some advice from couples that are used to distance and have experience with it to give some advice! What are things that helped you and what tips do you have?

Here's a picture of us because I think we're cute!