Mom disappointed in me because I broke up with my boyfriend

jennie

Let’s start this off with the simple fact that I am only 14, at this age people are exactly really serious about relationships and I’m one of those people. I don’t think that the person I first dated is going to be my future husband, I know there will be breakups.

So I just recently broke up with my boyfriend of 3 months (yes I know not that long) not because he was a bad person (though he did have his flaws just like everyone else) or anything like that, I just felt that it was moving too fast and I didn’t really see a future with this boy. We didn’t have a really good connection and we couldn’t talk for hours on end. The relationship was mediocre

My problem isn’t the boy, it’s that my mother said that she was disappointed in me for breaking up with such a nice boy.

Now he may have been a nice boy but there were still times where I was uncomfortable with him and he knew it but didn’t stop. FYI I am very weird when it comes to physical contact. I don’t like being touched all the much and I don’t like having someone’s face extremely close to mine( so kissing is not my idea of fun). I had mentioned my discomfort multiple times but he still tried to hold my hand in School (which can get you suspended in my school mind you) still wanted me to kiss him and was still dead set on trying to get me to say that I loved him.

So I broke up with him which is very common when it comes to young high school kids. And my mother is very disappointed in me and I don’t really know how to react. I feel like I just ended two of my relationships