Hearing loss after delivery

Jaclyn
I delivered a beautiful baby girl last Thursday, July 2 at 3:20 AM. I was in labor for almost 24 hours pushing for 5 1/2 hours. I went to the hospital at 41 weeks for an induction. Are used cytotec to soften my cervix and I began contractions shortly after. I went from not dilated at all to 7 cm and got the epidural. I started pushing at 10:30 PM and finally delivered with the help of a vacuum at 3:20 AM. 24 hours after delivery I woke up with no hearing in my left ear. I asked several times for someone to look at my ear while I was in the hospital but they just dismissed me. I saw my family doctor three days later and there is nothing inherently wrong with my ear so I was referred to an ENT. We found out that I have a spontaneous hearing loss at 50% in my left year which they say is not related to delivery that it is just a coincidence. I just don't agree with that. Now I'm taking steroids to try and help get my hearing back. I'm completely frustrated and don't know what else to do. Has anyone had this happen?