Hypothyroidism and pregnancy tests

Kelsey

Hey everyone.

I was diagnosed with Graves’ disease about 2 years ago. 1 year ago I had radioactive iodine treatment to “kill off” the thyroid. So since then I have been taking levothyroxine (synthesis) . I was told to wait 1 year from treatment to get pregnant, just to give my body time. I had my thyroid levels drawn not too long ago, April maybe, and all is looking well. So, in April I stopped taking birth control and the hubby and I were watching the calendar, preventing pregnancy. That went well for about 2 months or so. First day of my last period was May 28, putting me to ovulate approximately June 11th. This time we decided not to prevent pregnancy! So, I’ve been expecting my period since about June 25th and nothing! According to my calendar I am 10 days late. I have had the feeling a hand full of times that I am going to start my period, but it never shows. Not even the slightest bit. I took a home pregnancy test in June 26th and June 29th but it was negative. Then another test July 2nd, first pee of the morning, was negative which if calculated correctly from the first day of my last period would put me at 5 weeks. So here I am today potentially 5 weeks and 3 days going crazy wondering what is goin on. I have read all kinds of posts saying that some women never show positive on urine and blood tests. But I’m curious if anyone has any experience with hypothyroidism due to radioactive iodine treatment and pregnancy. Also, my boobs do not hurt, nipples seem to look the same. I am exhausted and have gotten nauseated a hand full of times and feel like my abdomen is more distended than usual.