My Mom Is Dating A Younger Guy

I’m someone who supports people of age dating whoever they want; as long as the situation isn’t predatory or there’s a power imbalance and both parties can be consensual (i.e. not a 23 y/o dating a 16 y/o and not a 49 y/o dating an 18 y/o)

Anywho, my mother is fifty years old and she’s currently seeing a guy we work with who is three years older than me, at twenty-seven. This age gap falls within the space that I would say is appropriate and consensual albeit being a large age gap. My mother takes care of herself and looks great, she’s always dated younger men, however they reached mid to late thirties and she normally only had 10-12 years over on them. Plus, since they were so much older than me, it wasn’t anything new to me or anything I had to get used to. In this case, since we work together and he’s so close to my age, although I’m getting better and working hard on letting it go and accepting him, it’s very, very difficult for me. Clearly I don’t want to continue beating the topic to death, my mother and I are very open and I’ve already had this discussion with her; after all, it’s all about her happiness and what makes her happy because she’s been married twice and had long term relationships and she deserves to have something work out (even though she tells me she doesn’t know what thing *thing* with the younger guy is yet)

So my question for y’all. Do any of you have experience with your parents dating younger people close to your age? And how did you cope with it or was it weird for you, or was it not weird at all? Please share! I’d love to have an open discussion to express my thoughts and work past this for my mom and myself!