My Boyfriend and I...

Ok, in complete honesty... Goodness this is hard. OK so I met my boyfriend while he was engaged and yes, we did have sex during that time, and it took him 8 months to leave her for reason about to be explained. And yes i was unfortunately a home wrecker, and i admit that was horrible on my part. No excuse. But with her, she was psychotic. She pulled him into a depression by calling him all sorts of things in reference to his nether regions. She was trying to convince him to kill himself with her, once they got married, so they could be together forever. Since the beginning of their engagement, she would consistently quiz him on wedding styles, white colors; like is this off white or eggshell, which flowers are which... and she would belittle him and tell him how much better other guys felt when she would have sex with them. Yes she was cheating on him also. That we can confirm because he caught a STD from her, which I did not, and he was either with her at home, or with me at work or out and about; and she had the signs as well. Actually a bit more STDS than he had gonorrhea, chlamydia, and herpes. He caught clamydia. And he took my virginity so I was clean.

But anyway I'm off topic, we have been together for 8 months now, not including the time spent being together while he was with her. Now I think he is traumatized because of how she treated the idea of marriage. I have been saying we wont, it's OK if we dont, no one will make us, we don't need to be married to have a family, all that. He is finally happy, he has been thinking of marriage lately. I don't want to stress him out by making him think I don't want to be married because what little girl doesn't dream of her wedding day. But at the same time, I don't want him to freak out about me bringing up the topic of it, but I don't think he is ready.

What should I do?

And if someone ever let your significant other cheat with them, I am personally sorry. I don't think she deserved that, but once I fell in love with him, I couldn't help but hate her for the things she did to him that I listed and so many more horrid things. I hope I don't receive too much criticism, but if i do, the light in his eyes, and his smile are worth it.