Depersonalization

About over a month ago I had what I’ve confirmed is a depersonalization episode for the first time. And let me tell you it was the scariest thing i’ve ever experienced. I remember having a feeling of numbness and everything around me felt so off..I also felt very robot like and the only word I could think of was, “okay”. This went on for 4 hours and after it happened I remember crying about it. I described what I was feeling on google (yes I know, not the best idea) and found “depersonalization” and I had no idea what it was but found that every symptom described, I had felt.

Today, I talked with my therapist about it and she confirmed that what I did have was one of my many symptoms of my anxiety. I was diagnosed with GAD, severe anxiety and social anxiety a few months back.

I’m posting this hoping maybe it’ll help someone out there. My therapist told me to think of my 5 senses and remember to use them when I’m going through another episode, that way I’ll get out of it.

If anyone else has experienced depersonalization please let me know about any other ways to deal with it, i would appreciate it very much❣️