Thoughts?

Sierra 🖤

This may not be super controversial but I would like to get your opinions.

My daughter is 4 and began pre k this year, shes been in school now for about 5 weeks. I pick my daughter up and take her every single day Monday through Thursday (we dont have school on fridays here). Today, I wait in line like I always do to get my daughter, once I get to the front, I continue waiting while every car behind me gets their child and I cant even see mine outside waiting. I think maybe she had to go the bathroom or something so I wait. A teacher then comes to my window and asks, you're waiting for an Addison? I say yes, with mrs (teachers name). She then asks me if my child rides the bus at all and maybe got confused. I tell them that she did ride it for a few days the 2nd week of school when my car was being worked on. So they go and check the bus lines. I see them walking back and my daughter isnt with them. My hearts dropped by this point and I'm so worried. So now, they try to reassure me that they will find her. They sound an alarm for a missing/lost child and begin to call alerts on their radios. Finally after another 10 minutes or so, someone comes to my window and says that my daughter is in the office and I need to go around the building to get her. I'm so relieved shes okay but wondering why on earth my child wasn't where she was suppose to be and how nobody had known where she was. When I finally get her, they explain to me that her main teacher was sick today and there was a sub. My daughter somehow ended up in the daycare line instead of with the kids who get picked up. Not only was she in the wrong line, they actually put her on the daycare bus and she had been brought to the daycare. The bus driver realized she wasnt suppose to be there and brought her back to the school and took her to the office.

Now.. I know accidents happen but I'm sitting here now at home, still a bit shaken and I'm upset that the teacher who I spoke to at the office basically just blamed my child. Said that she should know where to go and shouldn't have ended up at the daycare. I understand that my daughter should have spoken up when she realized she wasnt in the right place but shes 4, and shes very shy and soft spoken. I didnt get an apology or anything from any staff. I'm upset bc how many teachers missed that she wasnt in the right place? They have rosters to check for bus lines, Daycare lines and pick up so how did she end up at a daycare? How was this not caught before she got on that bus and travelled off school property?

What are your thoughts? Is my daughter only to blame or should the school have at least apologized? What would you have done or would do at this point?