My MIL is as ungrateful as they come

Sara

Sorry I just need somewhere to vent and rant about this crap.

Today my mil is moving into her new apartment after being homeless all year. She has been taken in by family, including us, only for her to abuse every single person who was kind enough to take her in, breaking rules, throwing tantrums like a child when asked to keep it down while being drunk, and eventually even being kicked out of a homeless shelter for refusing to do chores that would take her less than 10 minutes to do and verbally abusing staff. For the last two days of her homelessness, she’s been in a hotel because housing found her a GREAT quiet 55+ apartment in an up and coming and safe part of downtown close to everything she needs, including near the bus station she will be using, with a great view of the city and flourish neighborhood, hardwood floors, FREE LUNCHES PROVIDED BY A CHEF WHO WORKS IN THE BUILDING, along with free TV dinners whenever she wants, $325 a month rent, a nice kitchen, easy to clean place and she will not stop complaining about it! She keeps saying that she doesn’t want it because it’s not a big house. She can’t afford a big house! She can’t even afford a studio without housing. First complaint: it’s not on the first floor because walking to the elevator is too much work (she’s not disabled by the way), then she doesn’t want hardwood because it’s cold even though she has a lot of rugs, then she’s complaining that the living room is small, even though it isn’t and can hold a whole living room set and more, then she starts asking if she can live with us (HELL THE FUCKING NO!) and then she has the audacity to call us horrible people for not letting her live with us even after my husband helped her move and helped her get on housing so she can have her own place and not have to live on the streets! I am so fed up with this bitch. I have had it with this awful woman. For years we deal with her crap and she is ungrateful as hell. I keep myself at a very long arm’s length from her, but from what my husband is telling me he wants nothing to do with her for a while because she just called him a “piece of shit cheap asshole” because he denied holding a bunch of her furniture in our garage.