Considering suicide

Sierra

My bf is having a really tough time lately. He was in the infantry for 10 years and did contracting for the last 3 years. He has PTSD and recently had an appointment for disability that involved a psychiatrist so of course that brought up a lot of stuff. He had knee surgery back in August and is still in a lot of pain. He has been in college for a little over a year now and it is taking its toll. He talks about "going from a god to this...". My dad was in the military and I have many friends who have taken that path but none of them have done what he has done or seen what he has seen. I am about to graduate from college and move to another state(7 hrs away) and will be working a lot and more 6 days a week than not. He, of course, is not too thrilled about it. He still talks to some of the guys from his unit and some go to school with us and they are all still having issues readjusting to civilian life. They all feel they have hit a road block and dont know where to go or what to do. The other night he started mentioning trying to commit suicide again. He tried a few years ago and a few times when he was younger so its nothing "new". But he seems to be really considering it. I am so lost have no idea what to do to try and help. I don't want to lose him and he has a kid that i know he loves so much and he loves her more than anything. I don't know what to do. I am balling my eyes out just writing this. I don't know how to help or if I can even do anything.