I’m at a loss!

Jess

So my son is almost 19 months, and he’s had an on and off again fever since Monday (12/31). His fever was 102 degrees. I gave him Tylenol and he was fine, he was fine even before I gave him it. He’s been eating normal, drinking normal, playing normal. He has NO other symptoms. His fever broke Tuesday, he got another one Wednesday it was 102. After work I took him to the children’s express care to be checked because he is prone to ear infections, and he had pneumonia in November.

We go, his has a fever now of 101. His lungs are clear, ears are clear, breathing is good, pulse is good, no rash on his hands feet or in his mouth, they tested his urine for a possible UTI, all clear! No bacteria, blood, or white blood cells in the urine.

The doctor told me it could either be a viral infection or possible roseola, and if a rash appears in a few days it’s that. If his fever doesn’t break by tomorrow I’m told to take him back to the doctor.

His molars are coming in and this boy has been chomping on his whole hand and drooling all day everyday. But I let the dr know that and she said a 101-102 degree fever is too high for teething.

I know no one is a doctor on here, I’m not asking for a diagnosis, I’m just wondering if any other parents went through this with their child, and found out what was causing the fever!