Bf mom passing.

So my bf mom passed away last march. I was there for him thru everything. Like everyone says time heals all wounds and i see that. Sometimes he still gets sad whenever we talk about his mom i try my best to comfort him. The other night i was over at his house we were listening to some music and he told me that this music throws him back to the past and he started tearing up. I huged him tight and told him its ok to cry. I reminded him that im still here for him. And he just nodded his head. I told him crying doesnt make u less of a man. Just let yourself cry dont hold it in. And he was like "no i shouldnt cry im not suppose to cry". Then he just wiped his tears and took a deep breath. I told him that if he ever wants to talk or vent that im here to listen i dont care if something small or something big is bothering u i will listen. He doesnt really talk about his problems. Especially if its about his family. He just said "no your just here as my gf". This is not the first time he told me this. Idk what he means by im just here as his gf.

Ive been lucky enough to not experience death so im trying my best with him. Idk what else to do.